Cycling Concepts Two Ferry Ride takes place on Sunday, September 14th, 2014. It offers three riding loops that cross the Connecticut River on the historic ferries. After riding, participants are treated to an extraordinary cookout – a great way to relax and recover. For 2014 we will continue with the overwhelmingly successful Octobeerfest.
The original loop is 60+ miles with challenging hills. The full century (100 miles) is a leg-destroying loop for riders who like to test their limits. The 30+ mile route is a one-ferry, hilly, recreational loop that starts and ends at the shop.
Three ways to register…
Online at BikeReg.com (convenient and helps us plan)
Download this registration form and send it in by mail
Show up and register on the day of the event
When & Where?
Sunday, September 14, 2014. Ride starts from Cycling Concepts in Rocky Hill, CT. Address: 825 Cromwell Ave (Route 3), Rocky Hill CT 06067. See a map and directions.
Choose between 100, 60+ or 30+ mile routes through Connecticut.
- 100 Mile Route: Plan to depart early so you will have plenty of time to complete the ride. Registration/check-in and departures begin at 7:30am. Plan to complete your ride and enjoy the cookout by 3:30pm. Remember, the route is challenging and the ferry rides add to your total ride time.
- 60+ Mile Route: Registration/check-in begins at 8:00am with departures from 8:30am to 9:30am. If you leave too early you will arrive at rest stops before they open and at the ferry before it opens (10:30am). Plan to complete your ride and enjoy the cookout by 3:30pm.
- 30+ Mile Route: Registration/check-in begins at 8:00am with departures from 8:30am to 9:30am. This route crosses the river from west to east via the Arrigoni Bridge and from east to west via the Glastonbury-Rocky Hill Ferry. Plan to complete your ride and enjoy the cookout between 11:30 and 3:30pm.
Registration & race info
- Registration: $35 through September 5th, $45 afterwards.
- Provided: Well marked routes, cue sheets, course support, snacks, drinks, a post-ride cookout and limited edition gift. Two Ferry riders get exclusive discounts on purchases made in store – ask for details!
- Rain date? We ride in all weather. Check our Facebook page for last-minute updates in case of extreme weather conditions.
- More information: Call Keith at 860-5633-6667, email us at email@example.com or stop into either store.