Road Bike Rides
Thank you for a great 2019 season, please check back in Spring of 2020!
We host weekly road bikes rides during the spring and summer. We also host special event rides. Our routes take us through scenic Glastonbury and the surrounding towns. GPS and Cue sheet files get posted so you'll know where we are riding. Everyone is welcome and our rides are free. We have a group for novice riders, a few groups for intermediate riders, and an advanced group for the fastest riders. Questions? Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org 860-633-3444.
What group should I join?
Fast and challenging. You may get dropped if you can't hang.
Speed 18-22 mph. Distance 25-45 miles, depending on hills and daylight.
Spirited ride, often divides into faster and slower subgroups. We try not to drop anyone.
B-Fast speed 16-19 mph. B-Slow speed 14-17 mph. Distance 20-35 miles, depending on hills and daylight.
Developmental, social and motivational ride. It's a great opportunity to improve your skills and have all your questions answered. Speed 12-14 mph depending on hills and daylight.
Beginner ride where you can learn to ride safely and comfortably on the road, learn to use clipless pedals and more. The D ride runs mostly in the early season. Please call ahead to confirm.
What rules do you ask riders to follow?
- Ride safely and courteously under all circumstances
- Wear an CPSC approved helmet less than 5 years old
- Use front and rear lights to see and be seen
- Carry a spare tube, pump or CO2 and tire levers
- Bring water and nutrition
- Obey all rules of the road
- Cooperate will ride ambassadors
- Sign our Group Ride Liability Waiver (one covers the entire season)
- Bonus - ask for 10% off items mentioned above